Safety of personal privacy should always be the top priority and is the individual’s responsibility. With the help of a few shortcodes, you can find out more about the settings of your phones and whether or not your messages and information are being protected and whether are being tracked.
Here we have gathered the most useful codes for the smartphones, all in one article and some instructions on be to detect on your intruders.
With this code you can find out whether your calls, messages and other data are being diverted, the status of different types of diversions that are taking place, along with the number to which the information is being transferred to, will be displayed on your phone screen.
This function is most often, set up by either the jealous partners or overprotected parents, who are trying to protect their kids from spam or criminals.
Older victims are often victims of this malpractice, when they lend their phone to strangers, for making calls. If they do give their phone, then they risk of losing information about them, like, where they live, who their friends and family are, their habits and daily activities and to some extent financial circumstances is passed on to the criminals
Dial this code if you want to find out where your calls, messages and other relevant data is redirected to if it seems that no one can get through your mobile number. The chances are that in case voice calls and messages are redirected to one of your cell phones operator’s numbers.
This is a universal code for switching off all redirection away from your phone. It’s a good idea to use this before you have to use the roaming facility. In this case, money wouldn’t be taken from your account for the calls that are redirected by default to your voice mail.
With the help of this code, you can find out your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identifier) Number. If you this number then you can find your smartphone in case someone steals it. When switched on, your location is automatically conveyed to the network operator, even if the different sim card is inserted. Is someone knows your IMEI number, then they can find out the model and technical characteristics of your phone.
Unique codes exist that allows someone to track your locations or to find out if someone is following you. For this, you need Utility Net Monitor. Type in one of the following codes:-
For iPhones – *3001#12345#
For Android – *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#197328640#*#*
Step 1 – Go to the section called UMTS Cell Environment, then UMTS RR info and write down all the numbers under Cell ID. These numbers are the stations located nearby. Your phone will connect by default to the one that emits the best signal.
Step 2 – Go back to the main menu and click on the MM info tab, than on serving PLMN. Write down the numbers under the Local Area Code (LAC).
Step 3 – With the help of these two numbers and the website opencellid.org (the fourth tab to the left), you can determine the location on the map of the base station that your phone is connected to. The one to be-be suspicious of is the mobile base station. This could be a truck or small bus with a large antenna. These kinds of vehicles are used in rock festivals and in places where internet coverage is poor. If there is one nearby, seemingly without any logical reason, it’s just possible that someone is engaged in spying.
It is one of the most dangerous viruses which can infect your device. Developed by American Expert, was meant to show, how vulnerable are our devices are! When it gets on your phone, then the Trojan takes a series of photographs of the surrounding area. It creates the 3D model of the building you are in and then takes advantage of any internet connection to send the data. Adding along with it, the data on your phone and your passwords.
National Security Agencies, in virtually all countries, now co-operate with all mobile operators, who often provide the former, the access to information on any of their customers, provided they have the warrant from the court of law. As a minimum, they give the data pertaining for the last three months.
Symptoms of Hacking
If your smartphone is being tapped by the security agencies, then the chances are that you won’t even notice. If the phone makes odd noises during the conversation, loses battery power rapidly, overheats or unexpectedly restarts, then these are merely an indication that your smartphone needs to immediately get repaired rather then the telltale sign that you are being listened to.
Bugs. People generally don’t reveal all that much during the phone conversation, from the point of those who want to listen in, it is much more worthwhile to set up individual devices and bugs in someone’s home. Radio wave detectors can be used to find out if such bugs are present in a building.
1. Close Messaging Services. Use messaging apps that are entirely closed to the outsider. Do proper research while choosing and using such messaging apps.
2. Posting Photographs. Be very careful while posting photographs of children or even self on social media platforms. You can never find out how these personal photographs will be misused.
3. Avoid Unknown Apps. Don’t install unknown programs on your phones. Keep close track of your mobile apps that you have installed on multiple security locks whenever you can.
4. Don’t click on unsafe links. Don’t connect your smartphone to suspicious, free or public charging points.
5. Check Identity. Before accepting any friend request on any social media platform, please confirm the identity of the concerned person. Don’t allow an unknown soul to peep into your private digital life, by adding him or her in your social media account, without any verification or confirmation.
6. Only your mobile operator shall ever offer tracking services, and they just turn them on only with your explicit permission or agreement.
7. Website and apps that provide you to find out the location of other people are almost certainly having some criminal intent. Be CAREFUL!
8. Don’t lend your smartphone. Try not to hand over your smartphone to any stranger. In case you have to give it to strangers, be careful!
9. Public Charging Station?. A picture speaks louder than words.
We request the readers to share their views about this article in the comment section below.
If you like this article, then please do appreciate by pressing the “Like” button.
Please “Subscribe” to our website, with your email id, for updates on new articles.
For more updates in the future, please do follow our Social Media Platforms, links of which are mentioned below:-
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/explicitfacts/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ExplicitFacts0/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/explicit_facts/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/explicit_facts
Quora – https://www.quora.com/profile/Explicit-Facts-4
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/explicit-facts/?viewAsMember=true