Hello Explicit Facter!
Welcome to explicitfacts.com! A place where ignited minds come to get inspired!
If you have not subscribed to our website, then you are missing out.
Today team Explicit Facts will take up another controversial issue of the 1984 Anti Sikh Riots, which shook the Nation’s soul from the core.
In the history of this country, this was the first time a massacre was done in New Delhi, the Capital city, right under the silent nose of the President and Prime Minister, for three days!
Let’s dive into the topic, without wasting any time.
On 31 Oct 1984, Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi, then PM of India, was murdered by her Sikh bodyguards.
As the Prime Minister of India, she ordered the Indian Army, to storm inside Golden Temple, Amritsar, as “Operation Blue Star” to flush out so-called terrorists, Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, and his associates, between 01 to 08 Jun 1984.
This incident had hurt the sentiments of her Sikh community to the core, whose temple of worship was disrespected and destroyed.
The assassination of Prime Minister. As revenge, her two Sikh Bodyguards, Satwant Singh and Beant Singh gunned her down at 09:29 AM on 31 Oct 1984, at her residence.
On the same day, her elder son Late Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was elected as India’s youngest Prime Minister at age of 45 years
His elevation as Prime Minister of the World’s biggest democracy had raised a few unanswered questions:-
What was his political qualification to lead the biggest democracy of the World, as Prime Minister?
On what basis he was offered that prestigious designation? Only God knows!
Was being a son of then Prime Minister, a reason good enough to be elevated as Prime Minister of India? Does politics work on sympathy?
In the absence of Mrs. Indira Gandhi, was there no other political leader, who could replace her and lead this country.
Immediately after Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was sworn in as the World’s youngest Prime Minister, Congress activists started Anti Sikh Riots, killing thousands of innocent Sikhs, with effect from 01 Nov 1984, and the massacre continued till 04 Nov 1984.
Then, newly appointed Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, President Mr. Gyani Zail Singh, Police Force, Armed Forces along with the whole nation, just silently watched.
Unofficial sources confirm the death of a total of 8000 to 17000 death of Sikhs residing a New Delhi. But, official sources confirm 2800 deaths.
On 31 October, Congress Party officials provided assailants with voter lists, school registration forms, and ration lists.
The lists were used to find Sikh homes and business, an otherwise-impossible task because they were in unmarked, diverse neighbourhoods.
During the night of 31 October 1984, before the actual massacres began, assailants used the lists to mark Sikh houses with an “S”. Because most mob members were illiterate, Congress Party officials provided help reading the lists and leading the mobs to Sikh homes and businesses in other neighbourhoods.
With the lists, the mobs could pinpoint the location of Sikhs, they otherwise would have missed.
Sikh men, who were not at home, were easily identified by their turbans and beards, and Sikh women were identified by their dress.
In some cases, the mobs returned to locations, where they knew Sikhs were hiding because of the lists.
Amar Singh escaped the initial attack on his house by having a Hindu neighbour drag him into the neighbour’s house and announce that he was dead.
A group of 18 assailants later came looking for his body; when his neighbour said that his body had been taken away, an assailant showed him a list and said: “Look, Amar Singh’s name has not been struck off from the list, so his body has not been taken away.”
Total Silence. No one came forward.
No opposition from the Police Force or other security forces was initiated.
Not a single Non-Sikh was killed.
Only Sikhs were dragged on roads.
Anyone, who was wearing a turban was targeted.
A Verdict after 34 Years! Times of India on 18 Dec 18, printed headlines mentioning about the Delhi High Court’s verdicts on Monday, which held Congress leader Sajjan Kumar in a 1984 Anti-Sikh riot case and sentenced him to life imprisonment for criminal conspiracy, promoting enmity and acts against communal harmony.
The verdict was announced against Mr. Sajjan Kumar for his role during riots on 01 Nov 1984, when innocent Sikhs were butchered and killed.
The conviction of five others former Congress councilor Balwan Khokhar, retired Naval Officer Captain Bhagmal, Girdhari Lal, former MLAs Mahender Yadav and Kishan Khokhar– were also upheld by the high court.
A bench of Justice S. Muralidhar and Justice Vinod Goel overturned a trial court judgment that had acquitted the Congress leader (Why was he acquitted previously? The only that Judge knows!).
Burning tyres were kept around their necks, as if every Sikh residing at Delhi had conspired and murdered Mrs. Indira Gandhi on 31 Oct 1984.
With this verdict, few questions are still unanswered even after 34 years of this massacre:-
1. Who was more Powerful? Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was made Prime Minister of India on 31 Oct 1984, the same day when Mrs. Indira Gandhi was assassinated.
Was Mr. Sajjan Kumar (as mere Councillor then), more powerful than PM of India and could alone steer the riots and massacred without knowledge of Mr. Rajiv Gandhi?
2. Gandhi & Sajjan Relations? Was Mr. Sajjan Kumar more traumatized than Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, for the murder of Mrs. Indira Gandhi?
3. Was Sajjan Kumar actually related to Mrs. Indira Gandhi in any way?
4. Was PM Unaware? Are we trying to say that Mr. Rajiv Gandhi as PM or Mr. Gyani Zail Singh as President, were not at all aware of riots and therefore, not at all responsible for such a large scale massacre?
5. Blind Eye. As per existing laws, when any wrongdoings take place, then the silence of the person witnessing it, makes that person equally responsible for the crime.
So how come, Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, Mr. Gyani Zail Singh, other sitting MPs/ MLA’s of Delhi and Govt Officials are not equal culprits as compared to Mr. Sajjan Kumar?
6. No Names PLEASE! If we all know within our hearts that Mr. Rajiv Gandhi was directly involved in the 1984 Riots, then why we all hesitate in naming him as the culprit for the crime even after 34 years from the massacre?
7. Awarded after Riots Sajjan Kumar’s first election victory was as a municipal councilor in 1977. He won his first Lok Sabha election from the Outer Delhi constituency and retained it in two subsequent elections.
How come Mr. Sajjan Kumar was elevated from Councillor to Member of Parliament?
8. Example of Future? Are we trying to set an example, for our future politicians and generations to do whatever they feel like and somehow get away “Clean” due to their elevated positions in Indian Politics or blessings from a powerful politician?
9. Where is Justice for Common Man? Murder of Ms. Jessica Lal and Nirbhaya rape case created with such revolution in the whole country that powerful culprits were brought to books and justice was awarded to victims’ families.
What happened to this country in the case of the 1984 riots? Don’t families of 1984 riot victims need any sort of justice?
10. Genocide? During 1993 and 2002 Riots both sides of rioters got killed. But in this case, only Sikhs were massacred and not a single Hindu was killed.
So will it be wrong to call this as Genocide?
11. Insects’ Life. Why it took 34 years to give a verdict for the 1984 Anti Sikh Riots? Is there no value left for human life?
12. Awaiting? Mr. Rajiv Gandhi died in 1990, Were we waiting for Mr. Sajjan Kumar and other culprits to die due to their natural death?
13. Afraid of Names. Although Mr. Rajiv Gandhi and Mr. Gyani Zail Singh are no more. But what stops the judicial system from naming them as true culprits with respect to their exact role as office bearers?
14. History Repeats? What is the guarantee that Congress will not repeat such incidents in case any other member of the Gandhi family is assassinated by any member of a particular community or religion in the future?
15. The Aim of Riots? The security guards, who assassinated Mrs. Indira Gandhi were killed on the spot.
So what exactly, did Congress sympathizers achieve by killing other innocent Sikhs, who were not at all involved in the conspiracy?
16. No Challenge! All Govt officials are supposed to take orders from seniors. But when any wrong orders are given to them, then there are provisions to handle such situations too.
How come not a single official from police and paramilitary forces present at the scene of the incident, protested against the orders of senior Congress politicians when hundreds of Sikhs were killed right in front of their eyes?
Is this not a perfect case of dereliction of duty?
17. Sleepy Judiciary. When courts take so many years to give the verdict on one case then how come judges go on leave in the month of June and December, every year? Why cannot they just give away those leaves and work overtime to finish off pending cases? Why cannot judges work beyond official working hours on a daily basis? Are they not responsible to deliver the required results?
18. Silent Media. How come media was quiet over this issue? They can work overtime to undertake all types of investigations on cases about which Bollywood celebrity dating whom! When exactly and how many time Taimur Ali Khan (son of actress Kareena Kapoor) cried or smile? But what stopped or stops them to investigate this case of mass genocide too?
19. Councillor’s Powers? With Prime Minister and President, who had been mere spectators when a politician equivalent to Councillor could conduct a massacre on the whole community?
DID WE FAIL AS A NATION?
20. Present Punjab? If Sikhs were victimized by Congress workers in 1984 then why are they electing Congress party in Punjab state elections?
21. Actual Fault Line. Why Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi was murdered? Was she not at fault of hurting the religious sentiments of Sikhs, by directing the Army to flush out militants?
22. Operation Blue Star. Was storming of Army inside Golden Temple to kill militants, the only option? When the temple was sorrounded by the Indian Army from all sides, then could they had not waited for them to finish off their ration and surrender?
23. Intelligence Inputs? Was Late Mrs. Indira Gandhi not advised regarding a possible threat to her life, due to Operation Blue Star? She was aware of possible threats.
24. Actual Logic. What was the logic of killing innocent Sikhs, residing in Delhi and nowhere connected to the incident?
25. Was killing of culprits not enough, and mass killing was required?
26. PM’s Intentions. What was Late Mr. Rajiv Gandhi trying to prove, by silently watching or managing this killing of innocent Sikhs?
27. Return Gift? We all know about the sacrifices of the Sikh community for this country. Sikhs are supposed to be bravest of all. One Army regiment has been named this community called “Sikh Regiment”.
Is this the way we reward the brave but silent community?
28. Best Community. Sikhs are a very hard working community and as a result of this in the agriculture industry, the Punjab state has been called the “Wheat Bowl” of India. Is this how we acknowledged their contribution?
The Sikhs who were massacred in 1984 riots, didn’t vote for Congress then, so as to get killed for someone’s personal grudges against a community.
Neither they paid taxes to get late and half portion of protection/ justice they deserve from the Govt officials, who actually got their monthly salaries from their hard-earned money, paid as taxes.
Instead of pushing uncomfortable questions under the carpet, someone should answer the family members of Anti Sikh Riots.
Lastly, one very important question arises.
Are we proud citizens of an Impotent Country?
A country, where office bearers and people prefer to remain silent towards massacre against one whole community.
A very good documentary on the 1984 Anti Sikh Riots, presented by renowned Filmmaker Mr. Shekhar Kapur. Do watch it!
Courtesy – Youtube
We at Explicit Facts want our followers to stay safe with mental peace and zero impact through the enhanced knowledge base.
So, stay safe and keep reading our articles.
Also, “Like” and “Subscribe” to our website, so that you never miss our future articles. We keep updating them on regular intervals to ensure that you get to know the “Explicit Facts of Life”.
If you like this content, then please “Share” it with your family and friends. Sharing is Caring.
Now before, you leave our website, we are curious.
Do you agree with our article?
Do you have more suggestion for us to include in this article?
Share your story with us in the comment section below…. we will be right there with you.
Virtual Private Network (VPN). The problem is technology is that it is trackable. Everything we do online can be traced monitored and used against us.
Governments in Iran and China are very notorious about zero privacy. They keep track on all their citizens’ online activities.
The rich people are well aware of this problem. Especially those, who travel a lot and are dependent on excessive usage of their laptop and smartphones as their mobile office.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is an online service, that protects you from online tracking. It is super easy to install and excessively used by those who, take their online presence seriously.
With just a few clicks, you can hide your Internet Protocol (IP) and browse the internet safely.
This type of facility was available only super-wealthy in the early days. But now, anyone can use this incredible tool.
So much so, that we reached out to the VPN company we use and negotiated probably the best deal you can ever get in the marketplace. If you go to https://explicitfacts.com/vpn/, you will get 70% off for the 3 years plan.
After you purchase 3 years plan, you will an email, with a lucky draw, which allows you Nord VPN usage for an additional 1, 2 or 3 years, as a free gift from Nord VPN, a limited time offer.
Even better, you will get to use this incredible facility for one month for FREE!
If you don’t see a value in it, you don’t lose a penny.
The deal we have on the table is by far the best one you will have today. And its explicitfacts.com exclusive, offered by esteemed company NORD VPN to our community.
The main reasons to use VPN and features of these services are mentioned below:-
Nord VPN has the largest VPN service network (5800+ servers in 58 countries) in the world.
Try our award-winning service without any risk to your wallet.
Nord VPN offers infinite bandwidth.
For knowing additional details about VPN please click on the video link mentioned below:-
Courtesy – Youtube
Website. To have your own business, you need to have one website of your own, to reach maximum people without much efforts.
If you don’t have website of your own and wish to make one then we recommend you to buy the hosting service from Bigscoots.
So, get started by https://explicitfacts.com/website/.
With every WordPress install we deploy enhanced brute force protection, a custom firewall solution, spam filtering and malware scanning as well as network-wide DDoS protection and monitor your WordPress websites from multiple locations around the world to ensure they are not only up, but also performing as optimally as possible 24/7.
Our Fully Managed WordPress Hosting solutions ensure that your site will not only blazing fast but also always secure. Our relentless drive to deliver the best service and management in the industry is the reason why our clients continue to choose us over our competitors year after year.
You will never regret your decision!
We request the readers to share their views about this article in the comment section below.
If you like this article, then please do appreciate by pressing the “Like” button.
Please “Subscribe” to our website, with your email id, for updates on new articles.
For more updates in the future, please do follow our Social Media Platforms, links of which are mentioned below:-
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/explicitfacts/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ExplicitFacts0/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/explicit_facts/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/explicit_facts
Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/explicit-facts/?viewAsMember=true
All images sourced from Google
#explicitfacts #explicit_facts #explicit-facts #1984 #1984antisikhriots #punjab #newdelhi #delhi #punjab #goldentemple #congress #indiragandhi #rajivgandhi #operationbluestar #bluestar #sajjnkumar #primeminister #justice #delhihighcourt